8/08/2012

Strong Arms Workout!


I am officially back home from my trip to San Francisco! I'm happy to be home but I miss SF! Their weather is just absolutely different from Texas, it's foggy, cold, windy & wet. At least when I was there!

San Francisco is a tiny tiny land & it's jam packed. Everywhere you turn, theres people, buildings, cars or more people. There's hardly any land at all. To my surprise, since there's not much land available, their parks are built all within each other. So I saw a ton of people working out. It seemed like SF was a very fit place with all these people running and working out but it makes me wonder if it's only because everyone is at one park since there are hardly any parks. Either way, they're running & more power to them!

I wasn't lucky enough to get a hotel with a fitness room, I was practically crying all week. Now I'm back home and will hit the park as soon as possible, I need some rest first from my vacation...a little weird to ask for a rest from my vacation ain't it?? ;)
GOOD NEWS, I searched high and low for pictures that would demonstrate the workouts since I don't have the videos yet. I hope they suffice for now & I will definitely let y'all know when I have the videos up!

Strong Arms Workout!




50 Bicep Curls
Hold a pair of dumbbells at your sides, palms facing forward, and keep your back straight and chest up. Without moving your upper arms, bend your elbows and curl the weights toward your shoulders. Slowly lower the weights back to the starting position, straightening your arms completely. That's one rep.



25 Row with Triceps Kickbacks
Hold a dumbbell in your right hand and place your left knee and hand on a bench so your hips and shoulders form 90-degree angles with your legs and arms. Keeping your back flat and core tight, bend your right elbow to lift the weight to the side of your chest, then raise the weight behind you until your arm is completely straight. Reverse the move to return to start. Finish all reps, then repeat on the other side.



25 Overhead Dumbbells
Take object overhead, holding it with both hands. Keeping elbows pointed up, lower forearms behind your head, then straighten again. 



20 Stability Ball Chest Presses
Grab a pair of 8- to 15-pound dumbbells. Lie on a stability ball (positioning it underneath your mid to upper back) with your feet flat on the floor, knees bent about 90 degrees, and abs pulled tight. Hold the dumbbells by your chest, palms facing forward, and press them straight up toward the ceiling. Lower the weights and repeat, using your abs to keep your body still.



10 Push-Ups
I think everyone knows how to do these, if not, let me know!



1 minute Plank
Start to get into a pushup position, but bend your elbows and rest your weight on your forearms instead of on your hands. Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles. Brace your core by contracting your abs as if you were about to be punched in the gut. Hold this position for 1 minute while breathing deeply. 

Let me know if you need any more details!! :)

Love, Angel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10