6/02/2014

BEST SELF FITNESS CHALLENGE: WEEK 2 (5/26 - 5/31)

Mentally, week 2 was much harder than week 1.
I got so caught up in wanting to see my body change, that I got stressed over the little things.
I had to tell myself to kick the "quick fix" attitude; I should know better than that!
Naturally, I vented out to Simon about my struggles and he said some very meaningful things that switched my thinking back around. He told me that the woman I was 4 years ago would be so proud of who I am today. It really helped and I'm really glad I have someone to support me emotionally during this contest.

It's really important to have someone or a group of people who will be able to support you emotionally. Because it will get tough and it won't be easy, but it will be worth it!

I truly believe that nutrition is key to losing weight/body fat. I've always ate a clean diet but when this contest started, I switched it up; I'm carb cycling now.
My low carb days are harder and I'm not all sunshine and rainbows. My high carb days are all sunshine and rainbows. However, I'm not miserable on either days because I still eat enough food to fuel my body for workouts. Some days I find myself more hungry than other days, but isn't that anyone who likes to eat?

You'll read in a few moments under my proud moment that I lost 1 pound and 1/2 an inch off my waist, that happened in only 1 week!! My waist has not changed in at least the last 6 months and BAM, it suddenly changes. How? Nutrition, that's how.

Oldie but a goodie: You can't out train a bad diet.

You can see the full workout here: Angel's BodySpace Track Page

What I learned this week:
Set small goals and conquer them. When I conquered small goals I was able to feel proud of myself and keep moving forward towards my big goal!

Proud moment:
Losing 1 pound and 1/2 an inch off my waist! Take that, body fat!
Boxing three, 3 minute rounds (9 minutes total)
Deadlifting 75 lbs.

Personal record:
Running 1 mile at 9 minutes and 12 seconds!
Adding 70 lbs. to my calf raises (180 lbs)
Adding 75 lbs. to my squats (180 lbs)

What I could have improved:
Stretching more after workouts


WEEK 2

Monday: Upperbody (heavy lifting) + Abs + Cardio
  • Abs
    • Crunches
    • Reverse Crunches
    • Leg Raises
    • Sitting Crunch Machine
    • Chest Padded Crunch Machine
  • Upperbody
    • Bicep Curls
    • One Arm Dumbbell Row
    • Pushups
    • Bent Over Weighted Pick Ups
    • Tricep Pull Downs
    • Chest Press
    • Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs
  • Cardio
    • Boxing 15-30 minutes

Tuesday: Lowerbody HIIT
  • X Jumps
  • Weighted Step Ups
  • Donkey Kicks
  • Deadlifts
  • Sumo Jump Squats
  • Split Squats
  • Goblet Squats
  • Burpees
Wednesday: Abs + Cardio
  • Abs
    • Crunches
    • Reverse Crunches
    • Leg Raises
    • Mountain Climbers
    • Planks
  • LIIT Cardio, 9 minutes (1 mile)

Thursday: Upperbody (light lifting) + Cardio
  • Upperbody
    • Push Ups
    • Standing Military Press
    • Side Lateral Raises
    • Reverse Flys
    • Incline Dumbbell Curls
      • Dropset: Tricep Dumbbell Kickbacks
    • Cable Hammer Curl
      • Dropset: Overhead Cable Tricep Extensions
    • Bicep Curls
      • Dropset: Lying Close Grip Barbell Tricep Extension aka Skull Crusher
  • HIIT Cardio, 10 minutes

Friday: Lowerbody (heavy lifting) + Abs
  • Abs
    • Decline Leg Raises
    • Chest Padded Crunch Machine
    • Decline Reverse Crunches
    • Sitting Crunch Machine
    • Hanging Leg Raises
  • Lowerbody
    • Weighted Calf Raises
    • Abductor Machine
    • Adductor Machine
    • Clean Deadlifts
    • Padded Squat Machine
    • Lying Leg Curls
    • Leg Extensions
    • Leg Press
    • Prowlers

Saturday: Upperbody (HIIT)

  • 1:00 minute warm up jog
  • Hanging Pull Ups
  • 1:00 hour boxing

There you have it, all of my workouts posted for week 2!
I'm ready for week 3 and can't wait to see what other changes I will happen. I have approximately 4 more weeks of this competition.

I'm having a difficult time accepting that progress is progress, no matter how small.
Simon has a favorite quote that says "progress is never swift nor easy."
I'm trying to keep that in mind.

xo,


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10