6/09/2014

BEST SELF FITNESS CHALLENGE: WEEK 3 (6/2 - 6/7)


Week 3 is over and I'm starting week 4. I can't believe we are more than halfway there! Here are the workouts for Week 1 and Week 2; they are kicking my butt!!


I think I've been meal prepping way too much or at least thinking about it on my spare time. I had a dream last night that I was at the grocery store and got into a fight with a lady because she took the last cucumber!! Don't mess with me, sister!!

For the past 3 weeks, I have been on a very strict meal plan.
I've never followed a diet plan up until this contest. It's very new to me and goes against my belief on eating when you're hungry.

Saturday night I had my first treat in 3 weeks, it was glorious.
Some of you may know of it as a cheat but I like to call it a treat, because cheating just sounds nasty and mean. I'm not about that life. ;)

I had one teeny, tiny, itty bitty, piece of white chocolate. I'm not exaggerating either.
Here's a comparison photo of the piece I took compared to a quarter.


I had that tiny small piece because I've never had a big sweet tooth so the small piece was perfect to satisfy my cravings. But, it was too sweet.

I probably should have had dark chocolate because of it's benefits, but you know what? I've worked my butt off at the gym and I've stuck to my meal plan for the past 3 weeks. That white chocolate is not going to magically take me back to square one. It's all about moderation!

Week 3 was easier than week 2, physically and mentally. I need to start challenging myself now that my muscles are used to the workouts. I think it's time to change things up to confuse my muscle and make it work harder! That's a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because that means I'm growing stronger every day, but bad because that means Simon will be kicking my butt at the gym and making me work harder. Therefore, I'll be dealing with soreness.

It's all good though.
It's still a battle and I'm still working hard. I haven't seen that much change in my body but I know that I'm getting strong. I know that because I'm constantly increasing weights and reps. My nutrition has been a pretty big battle as well, I'm still finding what works and doesn't work for me.

What I learned this week:
It's totally okay to have an off day. Not every single day is going to be perfect, whether it be nutrition or working out. Wednesday and Saturday were off days for me. On Wednesday, I still worked out but the workout wasn't what I have planned and on Saturday it was a low carb day but I ended up eating carbs (I still timed it around my workout though) I have to keep in mind that one day will not derail me from all of my hard work!

Proud Moment:
Sticking to it and making sure I don't miss a workout. I got home after dinner Saturday night and I absolutely do not like working out after I'm done eating. So, I waited about two hours and it ended up being 9:00 p.m. I didn't want to workout anymore because I just wanted to relax. However, I knew that I would feel worse for missing a workout. So I went put my clothes on, sucked it up, and kicked butt!

Personal record:
Doing 15 pushups without stopping! Or as Simon would call them, "real pushups, not girl pushups"
P.S. I don't like pushups!

What I could have improved:
Don't forget to do ab workouts. I usually do them 3 days a week but this week I kept forgetting and only did them twice.

WEEK 3

Monday: Lowerbody (heavy lifting) + Abs
  • Abs
    • Weighted Crunches
    • Decline Reverse Crunches
    • Hanging Leg Raises
  • Lowerbody
    • Prowlers
    • Hamstring Curls//Lying Leg Curls
    • Calf Raises
    • Squats
    • Quad Curls//Leg Extensions
    • Leg Press

Tuesday: Upperbody HIIT
  • Bicep Curls
  • Preacher Curls
  • Vertical Chest Press
  • Wall Ball
  • Crossfit Ropes
  • Sledgehammer
  • Bent Over Two-Arm Long Bar Row
  • Boxing Jabs
  • Boxing Hooks
  • Boxing Uppercuts

Wednesday: Cardio
  • 1 mile run

Thursday: Upperbody (heavy lifting)
  • Bicep Curls
  • Chest Press
  • Incline Chest Press
  • Bent Over Two-Arm Long Bar Row
  • Shoulder Press
  • Front Plate Raise
  • Cable Rows
  • Butterfly Machine
  • Preacher Curls
  • Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs
  • Wrist Curls

Friday: Lowerbody HIIT
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Step Ups with Twist
  • Squats
  • Burpees
  • Calf Raises
  • Walking Lunges

Saturday: Full Body HIIT
  • Sumo Squats//Plie Squats
  • Crunches
  • Burpees
  • Pushups
  • Bench Step Ups
  • Deadlifts
  • Leg Raises
  • Arnold Presses
  • Tricep Overhead Extensions
  • Mountain Climbers
  • Cross Body Crunches
As I said before, Sunday is my rest day but it's also my meal prep day, so it's a busy rest day.


I meal prep for the entire week but mostly just the items that need to be cooked. For instance, I cook all of my protein on Sunday and then cut up veggies that I will eat with hummus. Throughout the week, if there needs to be something added to my meals then I will prepare it the night before.

I also make sure I have a meal plan saved to my computer so that I can always look at it as a reference. I have all of my snacks at home already and I pack them the day of. Some things don't need to be prepped such as apples, rice cakes, etc. This system helps me stay on track!

I hope if you're doing the 6 week challenge with me that you're seeing some progress!! :)

xo,




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10